WELCOME!

Mabuhay Philippines! This blog features the different male pageants that are happening in the 7,107 islands in the country. We appreciate it very much if you leave comments in our posts. Thank you very much.

DIRECTORY OF MALE PAGEANT HANDLERS IN THE PHILIPPINES

Monday, August 22, 2016

Candidate Versus Organizer Photo Scandals



It came as a surprise that when I opened my facebook account, I immediately saw the post of Misters of Filipinas 2016 Richard Bastani speaking about his disqualification from the pageant. I felt sad about this. I doubt if he will be re-instated as a candidate because things seem to be blown out of proportion. But I really felt sad. Two years ago, Richard was visible in bikini open competitions but decided to make a hiatus because he wanted to prepare himself in legit male pageants. The two year gap would also gave him the necessary preparations to build his image up. And when the very moment he waited came, he was just right on track, only to be dropped in his most unguarded moment.








This is Richard’s complete post regarding his disqualification.



Attention PEPPS officials:
Mr. Carlo Galang, President
Jhune Salud, Vice President
Atty. Richard Montoya, Legal Director


Dear Sirs:


This is in response to your decision to take my name off the list of Misters of Filipinas 2016. As one professional who has committed to the thrusts of and has coordinated with your organization, I feel that I should have been given due process prior to your ill-fated decision.


Instead, your organization opted to ignore my calls and text messages when I was reaching out so I could attend the pre-pageant activities. Considering this move on your part when I have diligently attended your screening and the grand call back, and after having used Misters of Filipinas 2016 promotional materials which included my name and photos as official candidate, you still chose to post on social and print media your decision to disqualify me without first discussing the matter with me and hearing my side.


I have been preparing for the said pageant and my family and close friends have already committed their support. However, the grand excitement over my participation to Misters of Filipinas 2016 has now turned into a huge embarrassment. I have spent sleepless nights and have to deal anxiously with your unfair move.


I was hoping that your organization could be as professional as I’d like to believe. It is sad that you could easily dismiss my efforts to make things clear with you by simply attaching a message on Facebook that has actually raised more confusion and questions than clarity.


I would sincerely appreciate if you could at least give this matter your courteous attention that I believe I deserve.


Yours sincerely,
Richard Bastani



Richard during the Grand Callback (Credit: FAB Manila)



To this post, Richard Garcia Montoya replied:


This is to let the public know that I Have told him that he will be invited by the board to air his side as part of the due process. pepps as on aorganization is also sensitive about issues especially photos being displayed in social media.  The intention of the male pageants is to also inspire the youth. At the proper time, the basis and the photo that he posted on facebook will be made known. An on-going evaluation of the photo is being made. these were all embodied in the Candadates' agreement. We mean no harm to any candidate. we all want to protect their rights and public image. Due process will be obeserved and the public is aware of the stand and position of Pepps that we are promoting fairness. Thank you to the public for understanding.

What a very sad day! I really felt for Richard. You see, even when he was reprimanded in that private message, he was still very respectful and politely asked for an apology. On this issue, netizens seem to be divided. It was part of the rules of Misters. On their end, the organization takes things positively and even thanked the many pageant fans who blurted out their opinions, pros and cons.


Richard Garcia Montoya said that “it is a learning experience of the past that had a similar issue.

Yeah, I understand. But from my end, this will also boomerang to the president of the PEPPS, the organization behind the Misters: Carlo Morris Galang. He has a sexier photo than the one that caused Richard to be disqualified.



The two photos were actually posted here but I took it down after several hours. I realized that by posting it here in this blog may cause more disagreements, more tension, more harm than good. Carlo's sexier photo was then a promotional ad for an indie movie which he was a part of.


All the best for Richard! This is not the end of the world for you. I believe in your capacity and your talent. There are still great things ahead of you. You will come out even stronger after this.


All the best for the Misters of Filipinas 2016! Every organization experiences birth pains. We hope that at the end of the day, everything will be ironed out and everybody learns from the experience.

 

For more male pageant updates
PLEASE LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE:


1 comment:

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A MALE PAGEANT?

Search This Blog

PHOTO CREDITS

I would like to inform everyone that the photos posted in this blog are taken from different websites, fan pages and given by male pageant fans from all over the world. If you see your photos here and want them to be taken out, please inform us via comment section and we will gladly give in to your request. On the other hand, I would like to mention some good people who were generous to me in lending their photos: Arne Gershwin Gogo, Aski Reynold's Pasquali, Edmund Chua, Eduardo Barnillo, EJJosh Gozum Rodriguez, Ghune Katigbak, Jet Tamayo, Jory Rivera, Jupiter Cachola, Kraus Estanislao, Melvin Sia, Norman Tinio, Shobi Dionela.

TRENDING POSTS

Philippine Representatives to Mister World

Philippine Representatives to Mister International

CHECK THIS OUT!