WELCOME!

Mabuhay Philippines! This blog features the different male pageants that are happening in the 7,107 islands in the country. We appreciate it very much if you leave comments in our posts. Thank you very much.

DIRECTORY OF MALE PAGEANT HANDLERS IN THE PHILIPPINES

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Interview with Jerome Tabayoyong, Mr. Laoac, Pangasinan



Jerome Tabayoyong – Laoac, Pangasinan – 29 years old – 5’11 – one of this year’s dark horses for the Misters 2015: The Pageant who is likely to steal one of the titles from the heavy favorites.  Athletic and competitive, he was a member of the UP Maroons Football Team and Claret Football Team. He amazed everyone during the screening for his very flat stomach and his flawless Kayumanggi complexion. He wants to promote himself as Filipino who is proud of his own bloodline, features and culture.


1. Who convinced you to join Misters 2015?
I joined Misters 2015: The Pageant because I want to spread out my advocacy that true beauty is about being distinct to your own culture and ethnicity. It is more of inspiring me to join that someone convincing you. I heard in the news since last year about the great Mr. Neil Perez. I was inspired that a Policeman who is astoundingly good in character and coming from a humble beginning lift the Flag of our country. He is the epitome of a Model inside and out.


2. Is this your first time to join a male pageant?
In my college years, I have joined Mr. Eduk, ( Cause Play: Mr. Eduk goes Animated) an annual male pageant conducted by the UP EDSOC ( UP Education Society ) Held in Benitez Hall, UP College of Education. I played the Role of TAGURO of the TAGURO Brothers in Ghost Fighter. Idol ko ang isang daang porsyento niya haha. I represented my org. UPSEC ( UP Special Education Council) and with God’s grace I won the Mr. Eduk 2009.



3. What can you say about the state of male pageants in our country?
Honestly I am really not aware about the status of male pageants in our country since I am really new to this field. Based on my observations through social media and news, the male pageants in our country are not that famous as compared to the Female pageants like Bb. Pilipinas, Mutya ng Pilipinas and many more. But what I am really proud of is that male pageants promote Filipino Gentlemen. Filipinos are really known for a loving heart and hospitality. These pageants showcase the seemingly lost distinct Filipino men in the mainstream. We have to admit that by reality, the Philippines is alienated by the Western culture and even with Koreanovelas. The love of homegrown / Filipino blood/ naturalized talents are disappearing bit by bit which most people don’t notice.



4. How did you prepare for the screening?
On the year 2014, I came from humble beginnings, my weight dropped down from 160 to130lbs. I was inspired by Rocky 3’s saying “ You lost that fight rock for all the wrong reasons, you lost your edge, when we fought you had the eye of the tiger the edge, and now you have to get it back and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning”. I faithfully went to them gym since then with the help of my coach Solomon Valerio. I even explored training principles with my apprentice Deo Segunial. We develop Micro, Meso and Macro cycles. With regards to the interviews, I didn’t study much about it. For I believe that when someone interviews you, you answer it whole-heartedly which is not scripted or learned.


5. What are your credentials that will make you stand out?
I really honestly cannot answer this question, it is because I really think that the word standing out is just subjective. I may say that everyone of us are created uniquely by God. If there’s a difference among the others is that there’s more than what meets the eye. The WILL and the HEART.





6. Of the four titles at stake (International, Global, Model International, Tourism), what do you like?
It is not for me to assume winning one of these titles for you guys will be the critiques and the judge. But what interests me the most is Mr. International. For me, Mr. International is a big credential wherein you really showcase the Philippines holistically. To be Mr. International is to be an instrument of change, to make a difference among your countrymen through principles and character and to promote that Philippines are not stereotyped as supplier of beauty queens/kings but the shining heart in everything that we do.


7. Are you ready for the swimwear competition?
As of now, I would be training double time for this. The main goal of a swimwear competition is not for a showbiz purposes but to promote symmetry. To promote symmetry is to showcase body proportions which compliment every part of the body.



8. Will be speaking English or Tagalog for the Q and A?
As far as I know, when you are asked English you answer it in English, when you are asked in wikang Filipino, you answer it in Wikang Filipino. But if you were to ask me, I’d rather answer an English question in Filipino. “Pinoy ako kaya Filipino ang Wika ko.” If it is outside the Philippines, I would answer them in both Filipino and English as possible. I would like to answer in English to enable effective communication with other races.



9. Several pageant winners in the country today complained about not getting paid after winning, how important is money in your Misters 2015 participation?
Frankly speaking, money is a necessity nowadays, not all contestants are privileged with stable finances. Some may see other contestants complaining about the cash prizes not given but I understand them. In my case, with all of my heart I say that money is not an issue here. The best prize you gain here is experience, the friends, the staff and the potential significant people. For me, money is meant to be spent. It shouldn’t hinder personal relations to others. “ Ang pera ay nakatadhanang gastusin ngunit ang relasyon sa tao ay magkaibang magkaiba doon”.



10. What can you say to your supporters?
To the Claret Football team, to the Claretians, to the UP community, UP Mens Football team and to all the teachers out there, Please support Misters 2015: The Pageant, this is not only for me but for my co-candidates/friends as well. I want you to watch this experience as later on it will serve as an inspiration to follow your dreams. According to Disney’s Hercules: “ a Hero’s strength is measured by his heart.”






Misters 2015: The Pageant is a result of the commitment to uplift and give a new face to pageants for men in the country. The main objective of this competition is to search for the most desirable and dynamic Filipino men who can make our country proud as they will represent the Philippines in 4 of the big pageants for men in the world: Mister International, Mister Model International, Mister Tourism International and Mister Global.






PLEASE LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE:


No comments:

Post a Comment

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A MALE PAGEANT?

Search This Blog

PHOTO CREDITS

I would like to inform everyone that the photos posted in this blog are taken from different websites, fan pages and given by male pageant fans from all over the world. If you see your photos here and want them to be taken out, please inform us via comment section and we will gladly give in to your request. On the other hand, I would like to mention some good people who were generous to me in lending their photos: Arne Gershwin Gogo, Aski Reynold's Pasquali, Edmund Chua, Eduardo Barnillo, EJJosh Gozum Rodriguez, Ghune Katigbak, Jet Tamayo, Jory Rivera, Jupiter Cachola, Kraus Estanislao, Melvin Sia, Norman Tinio, Shobi Dionela.

TRENDING POSTS

Philippine Representatives to Mister World

Philippine Representatives to Mister International

CHECK THIS OUT!